The FSS Crisis Services Team provides assistance to victims of sexual assault, family violence and human trafficking in Amarillo, Texas and surrounding areas of the Texas Panhandle. Our programs are designed to provide safety as well as advocacy for victims, along with the prevention of these crimes.
Crisis Intervention and Advocacy Services are available on a walk-in basis (no appointment necessary) during FSS hours of operation (8 am-8 pm Mon-Thurs, 8 am-4:30 pm on Fri). Crisis Advocacy is also available after-hours at Northwest Texas Hospital, the Bridge, and other designated locations. Crisis services are offered at no charge.
Services available include:
- Safe shelter in our Emergency Safe House for victims who are in imminent danger
- On-Site Kennel at Safe House so pets don't have to be left behind.
- Face-to-face crisis intervention
- 24-hour Crisis Hotline, 374-5433 (LIFE) or Spanish 1-800-799-7233 (National)
- Advocacy services, including accompaniment through medical, legal, and judicial systems
- An accredited crisis volunteer advocate program serving victims who present at Northwest Texas Hospital or The Bridge Children’s Advocacy Center
- Public education services to increase knowledge of the dynamics of sexual violence and family violence, the causes and consequences of both, and the related intervention and prevention services that FSS provides.
- Family Violence Support Group: Held every Tuesday at 6 pm- 1001 S. Polk Street.
- Sexual Assault Survivors Group: Held every Thursday at 5:45 pm- 1001 S. Polk Street.