You Deserve to Be Safe
The FSS Advocacy Services Team provides assistance to victims of sexual assault, family violence and human trafficking in Amarillo, Texas and surrounding areas of the Texas Panhandle. Our programs are designed to provide safety as well as advocacy for victims, along with the prevention of these crimes.
Crisis Intervention and Advocacy Services for survivors are available for survivors on a walk-in basis (no appointment necessary) during FSS hours of operation (8 am-8 pm Mon-Thurs, 8 am-4:30 pm on Fri). Victim Advocacy is also available after-hours at Northwest Texas Hospital, the Bridge, and other designated locations. Advocacy services are offered at no charge.
Services available include:
- Safe shelter in our Emergency Safe House for victims who are in imminent danger
- On-Site Kennel at Safe House so pets don’t have to be left behind.
- Face-to-face crisis intervention
- 24-hour Advocacy Helpline, 374-5433 (LIFE) or Spanish 1-800-799-7233 (National)
- Advocacy services, including accompaniment through medical, legal, and judicial systems
- An accredited volunteer advocate program serving victims who present at Northwest Texas Hospital or The Bridge Children’s Advocacy Center
- Public education services to increase knowledge of the dynamics of sexual violence and family violence, the causes, and consequences of both, and the related intervention and prevention services that FSS provides.
- DV Support Group (English only) – DV is complicated and different for each person, begin your healing journey to a life free of abuse. Tuesdays at 6:00-7:30 p.m. Call 806-342-2599, English or Spanish, leave a message and an advocate will return your call and complete an intake, answer any questions, and give you information to begin a support group.
- Life After Trauma Group (English only) – Learn strategies to heal from abuse and trauma. Thursdays at 5:00-6:15 p.m. Call 806-342-2599 in English and Spanish, leave a message and an advocate will return your call and complete an intake, answer any questions, and give you information to begin a support group.
- La Vida Despues Del Trauma (Disponible en Español) – Cada Miércoles de 5:30 – 7 PM, llame al 806-342-2599 y deje su mensaje. Un defensor le regresará la llamada para contestar sus preguntas, dar información sobre el grupo y para completar un formulario de admisión.
Family Violence Support Group
Held every Tuesday at 6 pm
7136 I-40 West Frontage Rd, Park West Building B