It’s critically important for fathers to take on a highly active and responsible role in the lives of their children. In a welcoming and supportive environment, we help fathers reconnect with their children and understand the positive and long-term impact they can have on a child’s life.
Did you know?
- Children with involved fathers are less likely to act out in school or engage in risky behaviors as adolescents
- Research shows that children with more involved fathers experienced fewer behavioral problems and scored higher on reading achievement
- Children without a father are twice as likely to drop out of school
- An active and nurturing style of fathering creates better intellectual functioning and fewer behavioral and emotional problems
We empower fathers
The FSS Fatherhood Initiative is committed to helping fathers, male caregivers and their families achieve positive outcomes and become strong advocates and role models for their children. We do this by providing a range of assistance for fathers:
- Encourage/Empower Fathers to participate in their child’s lives through comprehensive fatherhood life coaching programs
- Fatherhood Support Network with access to “24/7 Dad” and for teen dads “Love Notes”
- Father-child social activities, including educational workshops specifically for fathers
- We educate other service providers to understand the need of fathers, their children, and families
Learn how to connect with your children and understand the positive and long-term impact you can have on your child’s life. We encourage you to participate in our Fatherhood Initiative, leadership committees, and social activities. As an active member of your child’s life and in our Fatherhood Initiative, you’ll be shaping your child’s future in important ways.