Veteran Employment Services
We are committed to providing Veterans who are seeking employment with application assistance, referrals for training and employment opportunities, and assistance with building skills and careers. We are committed to promoting programs and training that help the nation meet the daunting challenge of seamlessly transitioning into civilian jobs.
We support the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCESP), which helps provide low-income older workers with community service employment and private sector job placements.
Other primary services we provide related to employment include:
Review of military paperwork and determination of compensation available (including families and survivors); the processing of claims;
Assistance with programs including SNAP, HUD, SSI, and others;
Counseling sessions if needed
Once a Veteran is deemed job-ready, services include:
- Job training and placement;
- Assistance with resumes, interview skills;
- Transportation to job interviews or bus vouchers to get to and from work;
- Bikes for Vets
- Work appropriate clothing provided on-site or through vouchers.
- Job Ready Clothes. The VRC has teamed up with Clothes Exchange to provide vouchers to job-ready veterans who are seeking employment.
Bikes for Vets
The VRC Bikes for Vets Program was established to assist those Veterans who are actively seeking job opportunities that are commuting to and from work or school. Bikes, helmets & locks are donated to the VRC and are then given to Veterans on a case by case basis to assist in their transportation needs.