What is Telehealth Counseling?
Telehealth is the use of video and audio technologies to provide health services electronically between counselors and their clients. Family Support Services counselors use TheraNest software to provide telehealth counseling services.
What is TheraNest?
TheraNest is a practice management application that we use to organize our appointments, notes, and billing. TheraNest is HIPAA compliant and secure.
What equipment do I need to join a session?
You’ll need the below to join a Telehealth (online therapy) session with your counselor:
● A computer, tablet, or smartphone, i.e. iPhone, Android (no applications or software to download).
● An external or integrated webcam.
● An external or integrated microphone.
● An internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 MBPS. We recommend an Ethernet cable over Wifi when possible to ensure you receive the best possible connection through your internet counselor. You can check your internet speed here.
● Shut down all background applications to ensure Telehealth receives the majority of your internet’s bandwidth, especially applications that use your camera.
Do I need a specific internet browser?
If you’re using a Desktop or Laptop, we recommend:
● Google Chrome
● Mozilla Firefox
We recommend the below if you’re using a tablet or mobile phone:
● Android – Google Chrome
● iOS 11 or newer (iPhone or iPad) – Safari
How do I join our session?
It’s as easy as clicking the unique link shared by your counselor. There are no apps to download. Join your session from a mobile phone, tablet, or computer. Just click, enter your name, and Join.
Will our sessions be recorded?
No. TheraNest does not allow for session video or audio to be recorded.